Remove a PCIe adapter
Use this information to remove a PCIe adapter.
About this task
Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.
Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.
Use extra force to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray from the enclosure. See Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure.
- Remove the tray cover. See Remove the tray cover.
- Remove the cross braces. See Remove the cross braces.
- Remove the PCIe riser assembly. Depending on your configuration, see Remove a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-6), Remove a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-7 NDR 200), or Remove a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-7 NDR 400).
- Remove the screw; then, grasp the adapter by its edges and carefully pull it out of the PCIe riser-cage.Figure 1. PCIe adapter removal
- For shared I/O or socket direct configurations, disconnect the cable.
- Carefully pull the two latches outward.
- Open the bottom cable clip cover.
- Remove the cable clip away from the connectors.
- Gently grasp and pull the black plastic sheets outward.
- Pull the cable connectors out of the adapter.Figure 2. PCIe adapter cable removal
- If necessary, install a filler into the PCIe riser-cage and secure it with a screw.Figure 3. Filler installation
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.