Install a drive cage
Follow instructions in this section to install a drive cage to the node.
About this task
To avoid potential danger, make sure to read and follow the safety information.
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Depending on the specific configuration, the drives, drive bay fillers, or drive cage might look different from the illustrations in this section.
- Make preparations for this task.
Make sure that the backplane(s) have been installed onto the drive cage (see Install a drive backplane).
- Align the drive cage with the node; then, lower the drive cage down into place.Figure 1. Installation of the drive cage
- Tighten the four screws as illustrated.Figure 2. Installation of the drive cage screws
After this task is completed
- Connect all necessary cables to the drive backplane(s) (see Cable routing for the hot-swap drives).Attention
Before connecting the drive-backplane cables, make sure that the power input board module and the power module board are installed in place.
- Install the top cover to the node (see Install the top cover) or install the node into an enclosure (see Install a node to the rack).ImportantTo avoid damage to the drive connectors when removing or installing a hot-swap drive, make sure that
- the node is securely placed within an enclosure; or that
- the top cover is in place and fully closed, when the node is not installed in an enclosure.
- Reinstall all the required drives and drive bay fillers into the drive cage (see Install a hot-swap drive).
- Proceed to complete the parts replacement (see Complete the parts replacement).
Demo videoWatch the procedure on YouTube