4 x 2.5'' AnyBay backplane
Use this section to understand the cable routing for 4 x 2.5'' AnyBay backplane.
- For the locations of connectors on the processor board, refer to System-board-assembly connectors.
- To connect power cables for 2.5-inch drive backplanes, refer to Power/Sideband cable routing.
- To connect power and input cables for CFF RAID/HBA adapters, refer to CFF RAID/HBA adapter.
- To connect power and sideband cables for the rear drive backplane, refer to Rear NVMe/SATA drive backplane.
- To connect power and sideband cables for the 7mm drive backplane, refer to 7mm drive backplane.
- To connect cables for RAID flash power modules, refer to RAID flash power modules.
Cable routing with an SFF HBA/RAID adapter
The following illustrations and tables show the mapping relationship between backplane connectors and an 8i SFF RAID adapter (Gen 3 or Gen 4).
Gen 3 and Gen 4 SFF RAID/HBA adapters are slightly different in their connectors, but the connection method is similar. The following illustration takes Gen 4 SFF RAID/HBA adapters as an example.
|1 NVMe 0-1, NVMe 2-3 on the front backplane
|1 PCIe connectors 3 and 4 on the system board assembly
|2 SAS on the front backplane
|2 C0 on the SFF HBA/RAID adapter