Install the Lenovo Neptune (TM) liquid assisted cooling module
Follow instructions in this section to install the Lenovo Neptune (TM) liquid assisted cooling module (LACM).
This task must be operated by trained technicians that are certified by Lenovo Service. Do no attempt to remove or install it without proper training and qualification.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
|Torque screwdriver type list||Screw Type|
|Torx T20 screwdriver||Torx T20 screw|
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Install the PSU air duct. See Install a power supply unit air duct.
- If you have removed the radiator tray, install the radiator tray to the chassis.
- Place the tray evenly into the chassis and then move it to the right so that the screw hole on the tray aligns with the hole on the chassis.
- Tighten the screw.
- Separate the LACM module from the shipping tray.
Loosen the four screws on the LACM shipping tray.
Lift the LACM by the handle to separate the module from the shipping tray.
- Make sure you have an alcohol cleaning pad available.Attention
If there is any old thermal grease on the processors, gently clean the top of the processors with an alcohol cleaning pad.
- Install the LACM to the system board assembly.
Align the triangular mark on the cold plate assembly label with the triangular mark on the processor carrier and processor. Install the LACM onto the processor-carrier. Press the carrier into place until the clips at all four corners engage.
Fully tighten the eight Torx T20 nuts in the installation sequence shown on the cold plate assembly and the radiator. Tighten the screws and then, visually inspect to make sure that there is no gap between the screw shoulder beneath the cold plate assembly and the processor socket.
- Separate the module handle from the module.
Loosen the five screws on the module handle.
Lift the handle to separate it from the module.
- Install the leak detection module to the PSU air duct.
Install the LACM into the two clips on the PSU air duct. Ensure that the module is secured in place.
After the module is secured, route the cable through the cable clips to keep tidy for later cable routing arrangements.
liquid detection sensor module working status, see Liquid detection sensor LED.
- Connect the pump cable and leak detection cable of the LACM to the connectors on the system board assembly. See Liquid assisted cooling module cable routing.
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.