Install the RAID flash power module on the riser
Use this information to install the RAID flash power module on the riser.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the RAID flash power module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the RAID flash power module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the RAID flash power module on the riser.Figure 1. Installation of the RAID flash power module on the riser
- Open the retention clip on the holder.
- Put the RAID flash power module into the holder and press it down to secure it into the holder.
- Rotate the latch on the riser bracket to the open position.
- Align the RAID flash power assembly with the slot on the riser card. Then, carefully press the RAID flash power assembly straight into the slot until it is securely seated and its bracket is secured. Rotate the latch on the riser bracket to the close position.
After you finish
Install the riser assembly on the chassis. See Install a riser card.
Connect the flash power module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the flash power module. See RAID flash power modules.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.