Remove the RAID flash power module on the riser
Use this information to remove the RAID flash power module on the riser.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the cable of the RAID flash power module.
- Remove the riser assembly. See Remove the rear riser card.
- Remove the RAID flash power module from the riser.Figure 1. Removal of the RAID flash power module assembly from the riser
- Rotate the latch on the riser bracket to the open position.
- Remove the RAID flash power assembly from the riser.
- Open the retention clip on the holder of the RAID flash power module.
- Take the RAID flash power module out of the holder.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.