Remove the RAID flash power module on the chassis
Use this information to remove the RAID flash power module on the chassis.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the cable of the RAID flash power module.
- Remove the RAID flash power module on the chassis.Figure 1. Removal of the RAID flash power module on the chassis
- Open the retention clip on the holder of the RAID flash power module.
- Take the RAID flash power module out of the holder.
- Remove the RAID flash power module holder as shown if necessary.Figure 2. RAID flash power module holder removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.