Install the middle 2.5-inch drive cage
Use this information to install the middle 2.5-inch drive cage.
The middle drive cage is supported on some server models at certain conditions. For detailed information, see Drive bay configurations and requirements.
The middle drive cage kit comes with an air baffle, 1U performance heat sink, and performance system fans (speed of 29000 RPM). If the air baffle, heat sink, and system fans of your server differ from those in the kit, replace them first.
To install the middle drive cage, complete the following steps:
Watch the procedure. A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
- Install the middle drive cage onto the chassis.
Figure 1. Installing the middle 2.5-inch drive cage
- Put the rear pins into the chassis slots.
- Rotate the front of the drive cage down into place.
- Install drives into the middle drive cage. See Install a hot-swap drive.Figure 2. Installing drives into the drive cage
- Close the drive cage handle.
Figure 3. Closing the cage handle
- Press the latch as shown.
- Rotate the handle to close it.
After installing the middle drive cage:
Connect cables from the backplanes to a RAID/HBA adapter. See Backplanes.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.