Install a GPU adapter
Use this information to install a GPU adapter.
GPU adapters are supported on some server models with requirements. See Technical rules for GPU adapters.
Install the 1U performance heat sink. See Replace a heat sink.
Install the performance system fans. See Install a system fan.
Install the required air baffle. See Install the air baffle.
To install a GPU adapter, complete the following steps:
Watch the procedure. A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
- Depending on the GPU type, install the add-on GPU air baffle for the GPU adapter.
For a double-wide GPU adapter (for example, NVIDIA V100 GPU): If the GPU adapter does not have a bracket installed, install the screws to secure the GPU bracket 1 to the GPU adapter. Then, install the add-on GPU air baffle 2 to the GPU adapter.Figure 1. Installing the add-on GPU air baffle for a double-wide GPU adapter
For a single-wide GPU adapter (for example, NVIDIA T4 GPU), install the add-on GPU air baffle onto the air baffle.Figure 2. Installing the add-on GPU air baffle for a single-wide GPU adapter
- Locate the appropriate PCIe slot for the GPU adapter.
- Align the GPU adapter with the PCIe slot on the riser card. Then, carefully press the GPU adapter straight into the slot until it is securely seated. See Install a PCIe adapter and riser assembly.
- Connect the power cable to the power connector on the GPU. See GPU adapters.
- Install the riser assembly. See Install a PCIe adapter and riser assembly.