Install the server cover
Use this information to install the server cover.
About this task
To avoid potential danger, read and follow the following safety statements.
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- S014CAUTIONHazardous voltage, current, and energy levels might be present. Only a qualified service technician is authorized to remove the covers where the label is attached.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Ensure that all adapters and other components are installed and seated correctly and that you have not left loose tools or parts inside the server.
Ensure that all internal cables are correctly routed (see Internal cable routing).
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Install the server cover.
Figure 1. Positioning the server cover onto the chassisNoteBefore sliding the cover forward, ensure that all the tabs on the cover align to the slots and engage the chassis properly.
- Align the tabs on the server cover with the corresponding slots on the top edge of the chassis.
- Pivot the server cover to close it.
- Secure the server cover to the chassis.
Figure 2. Securing the server cover to the chassis
- Slide the server cover towards the front of the chassis until it stops.
- Tighten the thumbscrew with a screwdriver to secure the server cover.