Install a front system fan
Use this information to install a front system fan.
About this task
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- S009CAUTIONTo avoid personal injury, disconnect the fan cables before removing the fan from the device.
- S017CAUTIONHazardous moving fan blades nearby. Keep fingers and other body parts away.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Align the four tabs of the front system fan with the corresponding slots in the mounting area, and align the two posts of the fan with the corresponding slots in the inner side of the chassis.
- Carefully slide the front system fan into the chassis until it snaps into place.NoteMake sure the cables do not interfere with the two posts of the front system fan.Figure 1. Installing the front system fan
- Connect the front system fan power cable to the Fan 1 or Fan 4 connector on the system board. See System-board components and Fan power cable.