Install the flash power module
Use this information to install the flash power module.
To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety information.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.Do not:
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
- S005CAUTIONThe battery is a lithium ion battery. To avoid possible explosion, do not burn the battery. Exchange it only with the approved part. Recycle or discard the battery as instructed by local regulations.
Before you install the flash power module, complete the following steps:
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
This section only applies to the RAID adapter that comes with a flash power module.
To install the flash power module, complete the following steps:
Figure 1. Flash power module installation
- Orient the flash power module with the cable side facing the RAID adapter; then, feed the cable up through the flash power module holder.
- Slide the flash power module into the holder.
- Connect the flash power module cable to its connector on the RAID adapter. The connector is keyed. Press the cable into the connector until the connector retaining clip snaps in place.
- Route the flash power module cable through the notch in the holder; then, press the flash power module forward to seat it in the holder.AttentionIt is important to route the flash power module cable through the notch in holder to prevent the cable from catching on the DIMM connector latches when the RAID adapter is installed in a compute node.
- Install the RAID adapter in the compute node. (see Install the RAID adapter for instructions).
After you install the flash power module, complete the following steps:
Install the RAID adapter in the compute node. (see Install a RAID adapter).