Install the 7mm rear drive assembly
Use this information to install the rear drive assembly.
About this task
The following illustrates how to install the 7mm rear drive assembly.
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the hot-swap rear drive cage to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. And then, take the hot-swap rear drive cage out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the 7mm backplane, see Install the 7mm drive backplanes.
- Align the pins on the hot-swap 7mm rear drive cage with the corresponding pin and slot in the chassis. Then, lower the hot-swap rear drive cage into the chassis until it is fully seated.Figure 1. Hot-swap rear drive cage installation
- Connect the cables from the backplanes to the processor board and riser slot. See Internal cable routing.
Reinstall the drives or drive fillers into the hot-swap rear drive cage. See Install a 2.5''/3.5'' hot-swap drive.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.