Install the rear 2.5'' drive assembly
Use this information to install the rear 2.5'' drive assembly.
About this task
The following illustrates how to install the rear 2.5'' drive assembly.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the hot-swap rear drive cage to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. And then, take the hot-swap rear drive cage out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Gently press and hold the tab on the hot-swap rear drive cage as shown and remove the air baffle from the hot-swap rear drive cage.Figure 1. Air baffle removal
- Press the tab on one side to disengage the air baffle.
- Lift the air baffle to remove it from drive cage.
- Align the rear backplane with the hot-swap rear drive cage and lower it into the hot-swap rear drive cage.Figure 2. Rear backplane installation
- Connect the cables to the backplane.
- Install the air baffle into the hot-swap rear drive cage as shown.Figure 3. Air baffle installation
- Align the air baffle edge with the notch on the drive cage.
- Press the air baffle down and make sure that it is seated in place.
- Align the pins on the hot-swap rear drive cage with the corresponding hole and slot in the chassis. Then, lower the hot-swap rear drive cage into the chassis until it is fully seated.Figure 4. Hot-swap rear drive cage installation
- Connect the cables to the system board (system board assembly) or expansion slots. See Internal cable routing.