Install a RAID flash power module on the chassis
Use this information to install a RAID flash power module (also called supercap) on the chassis.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new RAID flash power module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new RAID flash power module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the supercap holder.Figure 1. Supercap holder installation
- Align the notch on the supercap holder with the pin on the chassis.
- Pivot the supercap holder inward until the other side clicks into place.
- Install the RAID flash power module.Figure 2. RAID flash power module installation
- Insert the RAID flash power module into the retaining clip at one side as shown.
- Press the RAID flash power module down on the other side until it snaps into place.
- Connect the RAID flash power module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the RAID flash power module. See RAID flash power module.