Remove the MicroSD card
Follow instructions in this section to remove the MicroSD card.
About this task
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
If foot stands are installed on the server, pivot them inwards and lay the server on its side for easier operation.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the server cover. See Remove the server cover.
- If necessary, remove all flash power modules. See Remove a flash power module.
- Remove the air baffle. See Remove the air baffle.
- If there are HL PCIe adapter(s) or FL GPU adapter(s) installed between PCIe slots 5 to 9, disconnect the cables and remove these adapters. See Remove a HL PCIe adapter or Remove a FL GPU adapter.
- If an A2/L4 GPU air duct is installed on the side of PCIe slots 5 to 9, remove it. See Remove an A2/L4 GPU air duct.
- Locate the MicroSD card socket on the system board (see System board connectors).
- Remove the MicroSD card.
- Slide the socket lid to the open position.
- Lift open the socket lid.
- Remove the MicroSD card from the socket.Figure 1. Removal of a MicroSD card