Removing the front USB connector assembly
Use this information to remove the front USB connector assembly.
To remove the front USB connector assembly, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, if necessary.
- Remove the hard disk drives and filler panels from the hard disk drive bays (see Removing hot-swap hard disk drives or Removing simple-swap hard disk drives).
- Remove the bezel (see Removing the bezel).
- Remove the USB cage screw from the chassis.Figure 1. USB cage screw removal
- Disconnect the cables from the front USB connector.Figure 2. Front USB and video cables connection
- Pull the front USB connector assembly out slightly; then, rotate it downward until the tabs on the bottom of the front USB connector assembly disengages from the chassis and set it aside.Figure 3. Front USB connector assembly removal