Removing a memory module
Use this information to remove a memory module.
To remove a dual inline memory module (DIMM), complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the air baffle (see Removing the air baffle).
- Carefully open the retaining clips on each end of the DIMM connector and remove the DIMM.AttentionTo avoid breaking the retaining clips or damaging the DIMM connectors, open and close the clips gently.Figure 1. DIMM removal
If you are instructed to return the DIMM, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.