Replacing the simple-swap drive backplate assembly
Use this information to replace the simple-swap drive backplate assembly.
To install the replacement simple-swap hard disk drive backplate assembly, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Align the sides of the drive backplate assembly with the slots on the bracket.
- Install the hard disk drive backplate assembly.If you would like to install the 3.5-inch drive backplate assembly.
- Insert the hard disk drive backplate into the slots on the backplate bracket and push the hard disk drive backplate assembly down until the backplate is seated firmly.Figure 1. Backplate assembly installation
- Adjust the latch to the locked position on 3.5-inch server models.Figure 2. Latch adjustment
- Insert the hard disk drive backplate into the slots on the backplate bracket and push the hard disk drive backplate assembly down until the backplate is seated firmly.
- Connect the signal and power cables to the system board. Route the signal cable from the drive backplane along the chassis and connect it to the SAS/SATA signal connector. Then, route the power cable from the drive backplate assembly along the chassis and connect it to the simple-swap SATA power connector. See Cabling backplane for more information.
- Reinstall the hard disk drives and filler panels (see Replacing simple-swap hard disk drives).
- Install the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.