Removing the hot-swap drive backplane
Use this information to remove the hot-swap drive backplane.
To remove the hot-swap hard disk drive backplane, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, if necessary.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Pull the hard disk drives out of the server slightly to disengage them from the hard disk drive backplane (see Removing hot-swap hard disk drives).
- Remove the hot-swap hard disk drive backplane.If you would like to remove the 3.5-inch drive backplane.
If you would like to remove the 2.5-inch drive backplane.
- Adjust the latch to the unlocked position.Figure 1. Latch adjustment
- Lift the hard disk drive backplane up to remove it from the server. Figure 2. Backplane removal
- Lift the hard disk drive backplane up to remove it from the server. Figure 3. Backplane removal
- Adjust the latch to the unlocked position.
- Disconnect all cables from the hard disk drive backplane.
If you are instructed to return the hard disk drive backplane, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.