Removing a DVD drive
Use this information to remove a DVD drive.
To remove an optional DVD drive, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords.
- Remove the server cover (see Removing the cover).
- Press and hold the release tab down as you push the drive from the rear to slide it out of the bay. Figure 1. DVD drive removal
- Slide the drive retention clip from the side of the drive. Save the clip to use when you install the replacement drive or replace the DVD drive filler panel.Figure 2. DVD drive retention clip removal
- Attach the drive retention clip to the side of the DVD drive filler panel that you removed.
- Slide the DVD drive filler panel into the DVD drive bay until the DVD drive filler panel clicks into place. Figure 3. DVD drive filler panel installation
- If you are instructed to return the DVD drive, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.