Removing the PCI riser-card bracket from the riser card
Use this information to remove the PCI riser-card bracket from the riser card.
To remove the PCI riser-card bracket from the riser card, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the PCI riser-card assembly (see Removing a PCI riser-card assembly).
- Remove the screws that attach the PCI riser card to the riser-card bracket. Figure 1. PCI riser-card bracket removal
If you are instructed to return the PCI riser-card bracket, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.