Install the internal RAID adapter
Use this information to install the internal RAID adapter.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the internal RAID adapter to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the internal RAID adapter out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Remove any components that may impede installation of the internal RAID adapter.
- Align the notches on the tray with the pins on the chassis, place down the internal RAID adapter, and slightly slide it as shown to secure it on the chassis.Figure 1. Internal RAID adapter installation
- Connect cables to the internal RAID adapter. See CFF HBA/RAID adapter.
After you finish
Reinstall the components that you have been removed for installing the internal RAID adapter.