Install the rear 2.5'' drive backplane
Use this information to install the rear 2.5'' drive backplane.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the rear backplane to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the rear backplane out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Align the rear backplane with the rear hot-swap drive cage and lower it into the rear hot-swap drive cage.Figure 1. Rear backplane installation
- Connect the cables to the system board assembly and the backplane. See Internal cable routing. If the cable connectors come with protective dust caps, make sure to remove them before plugging in.
- Install the air baffle into the rear hot-swap drive cage as shown.Figure 2. Air baffle installation
- Align the air baffle edge with the notch on the drive cage.
- Press the air baffle down and make sure that it is seated in place.
After you finish
Reinstall drives or drive fillers into the rear hot-swap drive cage. See Install a 2.5''/3.5'' hot-swap drive.
Reinstall the drive assembly to the server. See Install the rear 2.5'' drive assembly.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.