Remove the rear 2.5'' drive backplane
Use this information to remove the rear 2.5'' drive backplane.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Prepare your server.
- Gently press and hold the tab on the rear hot-swap drive cage as shown and remove the air baffle from the rear hot-swap drive cage.Figure 1. Air baffle removal
- Press the tab on one side to disengage the air baffle.
- Lift the air baffle to remove it from drive cage.
- Record the cable connections for 2.5'' rear drive and then disconnect all cables from the backplanes. For information about the backplane cable routing, see Internal cable routing.
- Carefully lift the rear 2.5'' drive backplane out of the rear hot-swap drive cage.Figure 2. Rear 2.5'' drive backplane removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.