Install the rear 2.5-inch drive cage
Use this information to install the rear 2.5-inch drive cage.
The rear drive cage is supported on some server models at certain conditions. For detailed information, see Drive bay configurations and requirements.
- Install the rear wall bracket.Figure 1. Installing rear wall bracket for the rear 2.5-inch drive cage
Install the required riser bracket. See Riser card replacement.
Install the performance system fans. See System fan replacement.
Install the backplane to the drive cage. See Install the middle or rear 2.5-inch-drive backplane.
To install the rear drive cage, complete the following steps:
- Align the rear drive cage with the chassis, and lower the drive cage into the chassis.
- Move the rear drive cage forward until it clicks into position.
- Check and ensure that the plunger is latched into place to secure the rear drive cage.
- Reinstall the drives or drive fillers into the rear drive cage. See Install a hot-swap drive.NoteFor an NVMe backplane, only 7 mm NVMe drives (installed in 15 mm-height drive trays) are supported, 15 mm NVMe drives not supported.
Connect cables to the rear drive cage. See Backplanes.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.