Install a 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly
Follow the instructions in this section to install a 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly.
About this task
- Do not remove the covers. Removing the covers of the laser product could result in exposure to hazardous laser radiation. There are no serviceable parts inside the device.
- Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein might result in hazardous radiation exposure.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- If applicable, remove the cover of the drive bay filler from the front bezel.
- Push the tab on the front bezel to release the cover of the drive bay filler.
- Remove the cover of the drive bay filler as shown.Figure 1. Removal of a drive bay filler cover
- If applicable, remove the drive bay filler.Figure 2. Removal of a drive bay filler
- Install the slim optical drive into the adapter.
- Slide the slim optical drive into the adapter.
- Secure the slim optical drive with two screws.Figure 3. Installation of a slim optical drive into the drive bay adapter
- Hold the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly in the correct orientation; then, slide it into the drive bay until it snaps into position.Figure 4. Installation of an optical drive assembly
- Connect the power cable and signal cable to the rear of the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly. For more information about the cable routing. See Optical/tape drives.