Replacing the front USB connector assembly
Use this information to replace the front USB connector assembly.
To install the front USB connector assembly, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, if necessary.
- Insert the tabs on the bottom of the front USB connector assembly into the holes on the chassis.Figure 1. Front USB connector assembly installation
- Rotate the front USB connector assembly upward to the server.
- Reinstall the USB cage screw to the chassis. Figure 2. USB cage screw installation
- Reconnect the front USB cable to the front USB connector on the system board.Figure 3. Front USB and video cables connection
- Reinstall the bezel (see Replacing the bezel).
- Reinstall the hard disk drives and drive bay filler panels into the drive bays (see Replacing hot-swap hard disk drives or Replacing simple-swap hard disk drives).
- Install the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.