Removing the bezel
Use this information to remove the bezel.
To remove the bezel, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, if necessary.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the hard disk drives and filler panels from the hard disk drive bays (see Removing hot-swap hard disk drives or Removing simple-swap hard disk drives).
- Remove the screws from the bezel. NoteUse the T8 Torx screwdriver that comes with the new bezel to remove the bezel.Figure 1. T8 Torx screwdriverFigure 2. Bezel screws removal
- Pull the top of the bezel out slightly; then, rotate it downward until the tabs on the bottom of the bezel disengages from the chassis and set it aside.Figure 3. Bezel removal