Removing the DVD drive cable
Use this information to remove the DVD drive cable.
To remove the DVD cable, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the air baffle (see Removing the air baffle).
- Press and hold the connector release tab; then, remove the DVD drive cable from the connector on the system board. AttentionYou must press the connector release tab in order to disconnect the DVD drive cable from the system board. Do not disconnect the DVD drive cable by using excessive force.Figure 1. DVD drive cable routing
- From the rear of the DVD drive cage, press and hold the connector latch (on the left of the cable connector) and grasp the cable connector and slide it to the right; then, remove the DVD drive cable from the connector on the back of the DVD drive and set it aside.Figure 2. DVD drive cable latch
If you are instructed to return the DVD drive cable, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.