Removing the dual-port network adapter
Use this information to remove the dual-port network adapter.
To remove the dual-port network adapter, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, if necessary.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the PCI riser-card assembly (if installed) from PCI riser connector 2 (see Removing a PCI riser-card assembly).
- Loosen the two captive screws on the network adapter from the screw holes on the system board.Figure 1. Screws disengagement
- Loosen the thumbscrew on the chassis.
- Grasp the network adapter and disengage it from the pin, retention brackets, and the connector on the system board; then, lift the adapter out of the port openings on the rear of the chassis and remove it from the server. Figure 2. Dual-port network adapter removal
If you are instructed to return the adapter, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.