Removing a ServeRAID SAS/SATA controller
Use this information to remove a ServeRAID SAS/SATA controller.
The ServeRAID SAS/SATA controller can be installed in the dedicated connector on the system board or PCI riser-card slots (see System-board internal connectors for the location of the connectors).
You can replace the ServeRAID controller with another supported ServeRAID controller. For a list of supported ServeRAID controllers, see Lenovo ServerProven website.
To remove the SAS/SATA adapter from the system board, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove PCI riser-card assembly 1 if necessary (see Removing a PCI riser-card assembly).
- Locate the SAS/SATA adapter between PCI slot 1 and microprocessor 1.
- Disconnect the signal cables and power cables from the connectors on the SAS/SATA adapter and note their locations.
- Grasp the end of the SAS/SATA adapter near microprocessor 1 while you slide the brackets. Slide the retention bracket (near the chassis) toward the chassis; then, slide the other retention bracket toward the power supplies. Figure 1. ServeRAID adapter removalNoteIf you have installed the optional ServeRAID adapter memory module, remove it and keep it in future use (see
Removing the ServeRAID adapter memory module).
- Pull the SAS/SATA adapter horizontally out of the connector on the system board.
If you are instructed to return the SAS/SATA adapter, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.