Removing the simple-swap drive backplate assembly
Use this information to remove the simple-swap drive backplate assembly.
To remove the simple-swap hard disk drive backplate assembly, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the filler panels from the drive bay.
- Slide the blue release tab to the right with one finger while using another finger to grasp the black drive handle and pull the hard disk drives out of the server slightly to disengage them from the hard disk drive backplate (see Removing simple-swap hard disk drives).
- Remove the simple-swap hard disk drive backplate assembly.If you would like to remove the 3.5-inch drive backplate assembly.
- Adjust the latch to the unlocked position on 3.5-inch server models.Figure 1. Latch adjustment
- Lift the drive backplate up to disengage the backplate assembly from the backplane bracket and remove it from the server.Figure 2. Backplate assembly removal
- Adjust the latch to the unlocked position on 3.5-inch server models.
- Disconnect the power and signal cables from the system board.
If you are instructed to return the hard disk drive backplate assembly, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.