Removing a USB embedded hypervisor flash device
Use this information to remove a USB embedded hypervisor flash device.
To remove a USB hypervisor flash device, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the flash device: Figure 1. USB hypervisor flash device removal
- Unlock the retention latch on the USB connector by squeezing the two retention clips toward each other.
- Open the retention latch.
- Grasp the flash device and pull to remove it from the connector.
If you are instructed to return the flash device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.