Install the M.2 boot adapter
Use this information to install the M.2 boot adapter.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Install the M.2 boot adapter.Figure 1. M.2 boot adapter installation
- Insert the M.2 boot adapter into the chassis as shown.
- Tighten the screw to secure the M.2 boot adapter to the chassis.
- Connect the cables to the M.2 boot adapter.Figure 2. M.2 signal cable screw installation
- Connect all the cables.
- Tighten the screw that secures the M.2 signal cable to the M.2 boot adapter.
- Connect the power cable and the signal cable to the system board. See M.2 boot adapter cable routing.
After you finish
Reinstall the M.2 drives to the M.2 boot adapter. See Install an M.2 drive.
Reinstall the fan cage. See Install the fan cage assembly.
Reinstall all the fans. See Install a hot-swap fan.
Reinstall all the full-length GPU adapters. See Install a full-length GPU adapter.
Reinstall the air baffle. See Install the air baffle.
Reinstall all the flash power modules. See Install a flash power module.
Reinstall the server cover. See Install the server cover.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.