Remove the M.2 boot adapter
Use this information to remove the M.2 boot adapter.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
If foot stands are installed on the server, rotate them inwards and lay the server on its side for easier operation.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the server cover. See Remove the server cover.
- Remove all the flash power modules. See Remove a flash power module.
- Remove the air baffle. See Remove the air baffle.
- Remove all the full-length GPU adapters. See Remove a full-length GPU adapter.
- Remove all the fans. See Remove a hot-swap fan.
- Remove the fan cage. See Remove the fan cage assembly.
- Remove all the M.2 drives from the M.2 boot adapter. See Remove an M.2 drive
- Disconnect the cables from the M.2 boot adapter.Figure 1. M.2 signal cable screw removal
- Loosen the screw that secures the M.2 signal cable to the M.2 boot adapter.
- Disconnect all the cables.
- Remove the M.2 boot adapter.Figure 2. M.2 boot adapter removal
- Loosen the screw that secures the M.2 boot adapter to the chassis.
- Slightly slide the M.2 boot adapter as shown and carefully lift it out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.