Replacing the operator information panel assembly
Use this information to replace the operator information panel assembly.
To install the operator information panel, complete the following steps.
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, if necessary.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- From the front of the server, slide the operator information panel into the server until it clicks into place.Figure 1. Operator information panel installation
- Inside the server, connect the cable to the rear of the operator information panel assembly.The following illustration shows the cable routing for the operator information panel.Figure 2. Operator information panel cable connectionThe following notes describe additional information when you install the cable:
- To connect the operator information panel cable on the system board, press evenly on the cable. Pressing on one side of the cable might cause damage to the cable or connector.
- The operator information panel cable must pass through the chassis latch between fan 3 and fan 4 in order not to impede the fan cage.
- Replace the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.