Replacing the PCI riser-card bracket to the riser card
Use this information to replace the PCI riser-card bracket to the riser card.
PCI riser-card brackets must be installed even if you do not install a riser card.
To install the PCI riser-card bracket to the riser card, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Align the holes on the PCI riser card and the riser-card bracket and install the screws that attach the PCI riser card to the riser-card bracket.Figure 1. PCI riser-card bracket installation
- If you need to install an adapter (see Replacing an adapter).
- Reconnect the cables for the adapter.
- Replace the PCI riser card assembly (see Replacing a PCI riser-card assembly).
- Replace the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.