Replacing the ServeRAID adapter memory module
Use this information to replace the ServeRAID adapter memory module.
To install the ServeRAID adapter memory module, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the ServeRAID SAS/SATA controller (see Removing a ServeRAID SAS/SATA controller).
- Align the memory module with the connector on the ServeRAID adapter and push it into the connector until it is firmly seated.Figure 1. ServeRAID memory module installation
- Reinstall the ServeRAID SAS/SATA controller (see Replacing a ServeRAID SAS/SATA controller).
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Reinstall the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.