Replacing a USB embedded hypervisor flash device
Use this information to replace a USB embedded hypervisor flash device.
To install a USB hypervisor flash device, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Install the flash device: Figure 1. USB hypervisor flash device installation
- Align the flash device with the connector on the system board and push it into the USB connector until it is firmly seated.
- Press down on the retention latch to lock the flash device into the USB connector.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Replace the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.