Replacing the DVD drive cable
Use this information to replace the DVD drive cable.
To install the DVD drive cable, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the air baffle (see Removing the air baffle).
- Align the cable connector with the connector on the rear of the DVD drive cage. Press the cable connector into the optical drive cage connector and slide it to the left until it is firmly seated.Figure 1. DVD drive cable latch
The following illustration shows cable routing for the DVD cable:AttentionFollow the optical drive cable routing as the illustration shows. Make sure that the cable is not pinched and does not cover any connectors or obstruct any components on the system board.Figure 2. DVD drive cable routing
- Replace the air baffle (see Replacing the air baffle).
- Replace the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.