BMC error messages
When a hardware event is detected by the BMC on the server, the BMC writes that event in the system-event log on the server.
- Event identifier
- An identifier that uniquely identifies an event.
- Provides additional information to explain why the event occurred.
- An indication of the level of concern for the condition. The following severities can be displayed.
Informational. The event was recorded for audit purposes, usually a user action or a change of states that is normal behavior.
Warning. The event is not as severe as an error, but if possible, the condition should be corrected before it becomes an error. It might also be a condition that requires additional monitoring or maintenance.
Error. The event is a failure or critical condition that impairs service or an expected function.
- Specifies whether user action is required to correct the problem.
- Automatically contact Service
- You can configure the Lenovo XClarity Administrator to automatically notify Support (also known as call home) if certain types of errors are encountered. If you have configured this function and this field is set to Yes,Lenovo Support will be notified automatically if the event is generated. While you wait for Lenovo Support to call, you can perform the recommended actions for the event.NoteThis documentation includes references to IBM web sites, products, and information about obtaining service. IBM is Lenovo's preferred service provider for the Lenovo server products.
For more information about enabling Call Home from Lenovo XClarity Administrator, see Setting up automatic problem notification to Lenovo Support (Call Home).
- User response
- Indicates what actions you should perform to solve the event. Perform the steps listed in this section in the order shown until the problem is solved. If you cannot solve the problem after performing all steps, contact Lenovo Support.